Is there a way to add labels/label sets to an existing profile?

Is there a way to add labels/label sets to an existing profile?

I don’t see anything in the python directory for the profile internalDBObject that seems to refer to the profile’s labels. There’s profile label information in the Civil 3D API but I can’t tell how I’d use that information on an existing object. Funnily enough, Camber has a number of Profile Label Style dropdowns but I don’t see a node that uses them (might have missed it). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

hi
look at this

and

I’m specifically looking for profile labels. It seems the links are discussing profile view labels or projections to a profile view. For reference, I’m looking to mimic the functionality pictured:

Hi
Check package Camber to add group label

Or
you need python

I’m so close. This goes a bit outside my original question, but is there a reason I can’t get/set DefaultDimensionAnchorValue of the ProfileLabelGroup? Or is there another way to set the anchor position of the created label set?

EDIT: Found it! The label group creation returns an object id. Get that object via the t.GetObject then iterate over object.GetAt() setting each DimensionAnchorOption to the necessary value. What a rabbit hole.

1 Like

Hi rpriceAZEG6, can you share how you solved this? I haven’t found a routine in Camber for this.