here is the graph. Unfortunately, it is not possible to post the RVT.
As you can see in the graph, I manipulate the elements a lot, before they reach the final node. At the end I get the location points, the elements and the tag types as input for the slightly modified archi-lab-node, which creates the tags. I made a lot of tests and you can find screenshots of the results under the link to my google drive below.
As mentioned before I run the graph on two projects to test, if it’s working, one big project and one, a lot smaller. For the big project the number of elements pro tag type is as follows:
- 947 elements
- 151 elements
- 410 elements
- 11 elements
- 312 elements
- 219 elements
This makes a total of 2050 elements to be tagged. And for the smaller project there are currently:
- 8 elements
- 3 elements
- 4 elements
- 1 element
- 3 elements
- 3 elements
The number of elements could be indeed causing the issue. I made some tests and let’s say I run the graph with just the first 2 tag types, as you suggested. This makes 947+151 = 1098 elements and it works as expected. If I choose the first 3 tag types, which makes a total of 947+151+410 = 1508 elements, no tags are created. If I run the graph with all tag types except the first one, everything works fine. It’s a total of 1103 elements. So, with around 1200-1300 and more elements, it doesn’t work.
I also tested out what happens, if I select all tag types and then run the graph multiple times. Before each run I deleted some elements. When the number of elements to be tagged went down to 1263, starting from 2050, the tags were created. Then I tried the same thing selecting only the first 3 tag types. Again, after multiple runs and deleting elements, the tags showed up in Revit, when there were only 1101 elements left. (See folder: Multiple Runs_Deleting Elements)
Then I tried to run the graph multiple times selecting each time only one tag type. The result was, that the tags for the first two were created correctly. This means I could see 947 + 151 = 1098 tags in revit. Then the third one failed. (see folder: Multiple Runs_Only One Tag Each Time)
But that was not always the case. One time also the third one succeeded. This means, that 1508 tags were created. Then the fourth one failed with only 11 elements more. I also tried to create the 1098 tags, then to save and close Revit and dynamo -> reopen them -> run the graph again with third tag type selected (succeeded: 1508 tags) -> then again, the fourth one failed. So, the closing of Revit didn’t help.
That’s why, I’m not sure, if the number of elements is the real reason causing the issue. Sometimes, after running the graph ones with the first tag type and then ones again with the second one, I got 1400 tags created instead of 1098, which is incorrect. Sometimes, when I select only one tag type, let’s say the first one, and then run the graph all 947 tags are created, but every tag is created 3 times. This means, I get 2841 tags in Revit and 947 tags in dynamo.
Sometimes I get HelixToolkit.Wpf.SharpDX- error message and need to close and reopen Revit and Dynamo. (See errors-folder)
And all this cases work fine with the smaller project (See some screenshots in folder: smallProject).
graph.dyn (42.3 KB)