Isovist / Quality View : Dynamo or Grasshopper?

Hello eveyone,

I am currently making scripts that tests LEED Quality View.
I’m trying to figure out if I should make scripts in either Dynamo or Grasshopper. Need experts opinion on this.

The 3D model files that I need to test are Revit files - so I guess it makes more sense to make it in Dynamo. However I just started learning how to do Dynamo a week ago and currently learning. On top of that I think Dynamo is definitely slower than GH and sometimes customized nodes need to be updated time to time.

I’ve been using GH for 2 years and have made multiple scripts so I have a basic knowledge on how visual coding works.

Any thoughts or advice on this? a quick pros and cons of both softwares?
thanks everyone.

If you feel comfortable with grasshopper, you may want to consider Rhino.Inside to run rhino and grasshopper in Revit and interact with Revit elements and geometries.

hello thank you for the response.

I looked into rhino.inside - seemed pretty amazing. However, regardless of its ability, its still in a beta version and I dont want users to go through the beta version software that has no guarantee in working perfect yet.

Also if I use Rhino.inside, would complicated components from grasshopper correctly affect the Revit elements?

It is important to see whether your workflow is dealing with mostly geometries or aiming to alter something in Revit Elements (like parameters, location of elements, or underlying geometries). If you want to automate the process as much as possible (e.g. identifying rooms, identifying openings/glazing, …) , I would recommend Dynamo because of the many custom nodes available to handle Revit elements.