GeniusLoci - 3DView Create - view creation issue after second launch

Dear @Alban_de_Chasteigner,

First of all, thank you for your great package for Dynamo.

I would like to kindly request advice with following issue I am facing currently as I am working on my Dynamo script (Revit 2023.1, Dynamo v.2.16.2):

I am trying to create 3D views using nodes from GeniusLoci package (“3DView Create” or “3DView by BoundingBox”). In my script firstly I take several elements from the model and then create for each element 3D views with names which are equal to family types of selected elements (family types are named in a way to be unique, so no repeating view names should be created).

When I run the script for the first time it works as expected. If I remove newly created views manually and run the script for the second time it creates expected views, but additionally it creates duplicated views with default names (e.g. “3D view 1”). Also the node itself after second launch return as values not the properly named views, but errorrs “Name must be unique”.

If I close-open Dynamo it again works for the first time only.

Hi @hvacker ,

I think this is because the Genius Loci node tries to create Views which name already exists. Having two views with the same name in Revit is not possible. Perhaps you could create a small filter before the Genius Loci node that makes sure that only views are created if they do not exist already.

Hi @Daan

The issue is that before the second launch I remove all views manually in the revit itself. So before the second lauch project doesn’t have any views (except default {3D} one)

Hi,

To prevent Dynamo from memorizing the first run, you simply have to close the graph between each run.

Thanks. I’m glad you find the package useful.

2 Likes

Utilizing Dynamo Player would be recommended here as well, as this is an Element Binding issue (or perhaps more accurately that the code attempts to circumvent it)

2 Likes

@jacob.small Yes, using dynamo player does solve the issue. Thank you, kind man :slight_smile:

1 Like