ISOLATE and UNISOLATE objects in CIVIL 3D...?

Good morning.
Could someone tell me where I could find a node that allows calling this command in civil 3d?

I don’t think there are nodes for this, but you can use the Send Command funtion in the Camber package to run the function inside Civil 3D.

1 Like

Excuse a question… I am very new to civil3d, but I see that there has not been much development of packages for this application if we compare it with REVIT… I do not see packages with a large library of nodes… do you know what the reason is? … because as far as I know … CIVIL3d was and is the initial bim product unlike all products … but I don’t see the importance in the development and evaluation of dynamo =?

The core has not many nodes, but there are 3 packages you can use. Civil3DToolkit, Camber and the Arkance Systems Node Library. These packages add thousands extra nodes to Dynamo.

There is also a great book (if I may say :wink:) :

2 Likes

I disagree. It’s DWG based which means element properties are secondary to the object’s native geometry content, and does not have ‘real world object’ types for most common applications of the built environment. It’s BIM via the association of data to the elements, but I can just as easily do non-BIM as BIM. As a comparison, I can do word processing in Excel, but that doesn’t make it a Word equivalent.

That said, Civil 3D has a half dozen or so packages out there. Beyond what was mentioned above there are a few good packages from Adam Reilly (search AMR in the package manager as I believe that pulls them up).

As far as why there aren’t more? Well there was a MASSIVE effort from a few individuals in the community to offset the gaps of the initial release. Paolo Serra, Zachari Jenson, Adam and Anton all come to mind. But to get the level of input and engagement of the early Dynamo for Revit toolset and the many trailblazers in that space it would have required Dynamo for Civil 3D be open sourced, which the team was or in favor of.

2 Likes

Well said Jacob.

And the release of Dyn4C3D where in 2020 version and for Revit it was in 2015(?) which also has given Revit community the benifit to have more time to develop more of them as well.

As far as I’m aware, the Autodesk team is starting to put more effort into Dynamo from their side for Civil3D. I think they’ve finally realized how little support we really have and they also likely want to implement generative design/‘AI’ easier into C3D with the way they’re going.

1 Like