Is there anyway to tag rooms of linked Revit model

Revisting this again because my workflow still doesn’t work properly. My tag rooms script shows me the points but doesn’t place a tag there or the tag when placed is for a room on other side of the model.

I am not sure why yours isn’t working! Try to create workflow similar to the one above and make sure you update all.

You can also check out the Annotate.TagLinkedElement node from the Designtech package :slight_smile:

I was having similar issues to previous replies, but I was able to get it working. I isolated my problem to a phasing issue in the link.

However using the graph in Revit 2019, the “Create Independent Tag” node from Genius Loci as recommended above tags all the rooms in the model for all of the views. For Example, I may have 150 rooms in a model in total, but only 25 are visible in a view. If my model only has one view and I run the graph, it appears to do its job, but if I select all tags in the project there will be 150 view tags placed. 125 of the 150 are not visible in my singular

view unless you modify your view range to include and cut through the rooms on another level.

Does anyone have a suggestion to limit the Create Tags node to just tag what is visible in the view? I am trying to limit any unnecessary data in a model.

I added some filters by level to filter out only the selected elements and views to be tagged based on the level selected. It adds additional steps, but it eliminates rooms outside the view range from getting tagged. Here is the current graph I am working with.

Hey,

There’s a node which returns the view’s crop region as lines, I used it in this graph as a rough boundary filter for the rooms I was interested in…

I can’t remember which package it’s in, but the custom nodes are all tagged.

Hopefully that’s of interest!

Mark

Thank you for the reply.

Your graph looks like a beast, but I am unable to open it to try it out. However, I have a quick question.
Does the method or node you used eliminate the tagging of rooms within a view that are outside the view range vertically? I am wondering if it just grabs the visible rooms within a crop boundary on your selected view or if it just eliminates the rooms that are outside the crop boundary.

Hey,

Even if you can’t open the dyn, the Capture should say the package name above the node (I’m on a phone right now and it won’t display).

The node literally returns a rectangle of the crop region. So for 1 apartment it might be 7m x 7m, located vertically at the bottom of the view depth.

I then moved it up to the view level and extruded it the height of the view (genius loci has a good node for that) then ran ‘does intersect’ against the room location points with ‘filter by Boolean mask’. I got the few extra rooms around, but most were filtered out.

Hopefully that’s useful…

Mark

Thank you.

I used this script but it generated 30,000 tags in my model…

Hi,

I am trying this script, it is running successfully but not generating any tags in my model.
please advise what I am doing wrong here, TIA.