Is there a way to mass replace block definitions through Dynamo

This could be a long shot but I’m not sure where else to start.

Long story short the local municipalities want us to use there template/blocks for parts and structures when doing road work. There templates and parts are pretty horrible and almost 20 years out of date and I’m tired of hearing it.

I’d like to use our template but make it look like there’s by replacing all of our part blocks on mass with there blocks. Ideally through an excel list.

Is there a way to do a block replace or Style replace in parts list via dynamo that I’m not seeing?

Thank you,

Hi @Spector567,

So are you trying to replace block references that are in model space with other block references? Or are you trying to edit part styles to display a block in plan view? Or are you trying to replace pipe network parts with block references? I guess some more detail would be helpful.

1 Like

I want to make it work so that when I place a new MH in in the drawing from the parts list that it displays the city’s block.

I figured I can do this by changing/replacing the content of the block named in my part style.

Or by changing the part style to reference the new city block.

In theory I can do either of these through a manual but time consuming operation. but I figured it’d be best to ask if there is a block replace function in dynamo it would provide me some instant return for the time invested.

OK got it. You can do this with the Camber package.

1 Like