Add Profile View Station Elevation Labels

Thank you for the response and for all the work you have put into the Camber package. I especially like the dropdown menus you have built with many of the drawing features.

This is just a FYI for you mzjensen, but I am hoping some other users might stumble across this and find it useful. I was only able to make it using a bunch of pieces of others’ scripts from this forum…

With a few of the other tools you have put together I was able to pack together a slightly awkward but still useful workaround for adding similar or identical labels to many alignments in profile view. We currently have a project with over 200 profile views (which keep changing, of course) so this really saved us some time.
AddSurfaceProfile-GENERAL.dyn (64.4 KB)
This .dyn called AddSurfaceProfile-GENERAL will project a profile to all alignments in your current drawing.

Add Label - GENERAL.dyn (64.6 KB)

Add Label - GENERAL then projects a style to a profile having the name of a surface in your drawing. We can sneak around needing to attribute a source surface by the default that C3D uses the surface name in all the profile names. The script filters out alignments with null values for stationing (where you don’t need labels) and sends a modified station-elevation label to the vertical and horizontal position on the alignment as assigned by the corresponding surface. With this approach, the user still needs to make a station-elevation label style for each profile label they want (I have just been using 1 style per surface type - some with elevations shown too and some without). The .dyn script I attached will pull a label for your one set of inputs, so I just copy/pasted as many as I needed to shoot labels all through my .dwg to exactly the correct position on my alignments. This isn’t as good as a true profile label, since it can’t pull attributes of the profile (like description) easily, but was a convenient workaround. I am sure others could streamline some of this, but hopefully this can save someone else a little time if they are in the same position my team was a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again!

2 Likes