Is it possible to modify elements on Revit using Dynamo

Hello,
I am working on a projet in order to develop a new tool using Dynamo, where it can help the engineers while modeling a new metro station/ building.
So we have a station already drawn by the architects, its called “station type”, and we want to use this station as a base in order to generate all the other metro stations.
Is it possible to do scripts and models on Dynamo to do modifications to the base station and generate a new station with the desired height, length, nbr of columns? and maybe to do some tests, like if I am at a depth of 30m it can automatically create new slabs with new walls, columns etc…
Its easy to draw a station, but it really take a lot of time when we start doing modifications where each time we have to change everything. So what i want to do, is some connections, where if i change parameter of an element, it can change the others.
I did some tests, but i can see that there is some parameters blocked!

Yes, it’s possible.

But it will be hard to write a very specific script with a lot of variables, and with a lot of possible bugs, you want to do too much things by dynamo.

Relevant xkcd:

So maybe dynamo is not the perfect tool for this type of job, if the architect could have started the first station in dynamo it would be more easier, and they could generate all stations straight from dynamo.

Maybe take a look at Global Parameters, I would use them for a task like this.

So what i want to do, is some connections, where if i change parameter of an element, it can change the others.

Global parameters and constraints are in Revit for this exact reason. Dynamo cannot run automatically always in the background, so the engineer should have to press run sometimes, and if they forget it, than your model will be out of shape.

2 Likes