Instance/Project Parameter

I created a instance parameters in a family, but when I need to show them in a schedule I don’t see them. Another way was to create a project parameters associated to category, these parameters I see them in a schedule.

In both cases, I need fill them with dynamo. in the first case, dynamo can found and fill them; in the second case, dynamo didn’t find them.

I need fill them with dynamo and show them in a schedule

If you want the family parameter to be schedulable, it needs to be a Shared Parameter.

You can also take the project parameter approach but that will be project/template specific and not exist in the family file. This is either a good or bad thing depending on what you’re doing.

It’s unclear if you’re looking for a method to fill out a blank schedule with parameters, do data entry on the schedule, or both. If you could either share what you’ve attempted so far or a longer description of your task/goals, it might be easier to help.

There are threads on the forum that discuss creating, editing, and filling Shared Parameters in family files, I’d recommend using the search tool to find one that matches your goals, trying it, and then posting again if you run into difficulties.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer