Inserting windows and door

Hello.
i have problems inserting multiple windows or door in one single wall. i am using following node from WombatDynamo:

I have existing external walls created by Wall.ByCurveAndHeight with different Lines as Curves. Now i want to insert Windows and Doors at certain points.

I am checking if window/door points are in the lines. Then i get a list with lines and the related points in two sublists.

Now i have 2 solutions for inserting the windows and doors.

Solution 1:
Creating new Walls based on the line output → The problem here is that duplicate walls are created if there are multiple windows/door in one wall. If i am deleting duplicate Elements, the walls with multiple windows are getting deleted.

Here you can see the duplicate walls which are “closing” the windows. But thats nearly the right solution except the duplicate walls.

Solution 2 (the better solution):
Find the Lines from the window/door skript in the list from the exsting walls. Getting the walls which are needed as a host for windows/doors and insterting the elements in the walls. Here the script does not work like i want. Many windows and doors are not placed and some are placed in the same wall.

Thank you for helping!

Hello, what about native nodes?

Cordially
christian.stan

Thank you! Sometimes it is easier than expected :slight_smile:

1 Like