Importing Space Type Parameter from Excel

@SeanP yep that works, it changes every space type to whichever index i type into the code block. I need to figure out how to adapt that so we can have it change to mulitple different space types depending on the rooms purpose.

I will try again tomorrow i guess!

Thatā€™s good. If you go back to my Post #15, you only need to connect your Excel data (space type) to where I have the code block with "Active Storage in it. Maybe if you would share the .dyn and a test Excel / rvt file we could help you string it all together. I think you are very close.

@SeanP sure I can upload the dyn scripts tomorrow (Iā€™ve left my laptop in the office) and the revit file is just a blank template with the sample arch file linked in. The spaces are then copied in using rushforth tools.

Thanks for helping me out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so iā€™m attaching a link to the blank spreadsheet template and the completed spreadsheet from the model export. The export script and the import script which obviously needs work before it can populate the space types!

Space Information.xlsx (13.7 KB)
Space Information (completed).xlsx (18.6 KB)CDL-Spaces Information Export.dyn (40.4 KB)
CDL-Spaces Information Import.dyn (44.4 KB)

@SeanP

I think I have resolved this for you. Please find the attached files for your use. The main reason your import graph wasnā€™t working was because you werenā€™t selecting the spaces to apply the Space Type too.
CDL-Spaces Information Export.dyn (43.3 KB)
CDL-Spaces Information Import.dyn (40.7 KB)
Project1.rvt (3.6 MB)

1 Like

Thanks @SeanP i clearly still have a lot to learn!

I am encountering an error on the export script you sent through though. I know my boolean is set to true but its the same result when set to false??

You can take that out and put your null back in. It may be the fact that the Lunchbox node you are using is rather old.

ok iā€™ll try that now, thanks

I also assume there are spaces in the model? What results is the MEP node giving? Also, I donā€™t think you need Lacing on that node. Not sure I had that

i updated my lunchbox package and checked the MEP node and it just returns null values. There are definately spaces present in the model though?

nope wait now iā€™ve got data coming through, no idea why i just did a restart is all

so the export works great, the import is creating an error on the nodes below. is it supposed to be pulling the level information?

import%20error

@SeanP

Thank you sooooo much for all your help, i finally figured out what iā€™d done wrong and your dynamo scripts work wonderfully!

really appreciate all your help and advice :grin:

1 Like

@ SeanP thank you for reply about this cases , i got the same problem and with your guides i solve it