Import Excel Data ; error :The storage type of the parameter is not a number

Hello ;
i created this script as shown below , for importing data room to revit
the error is “The storage type of the parameter is not a number.” in Element.SetParameterByname.
the Data Type in the Excel is “numbers” and the colomun of this Data is STANDARD Format (even when i change it to texte , the same problem).
Any one can help me please ?
Thank you

Room number is a string value not a number, ie: 101A

Convert the number to a string (via the String.FromObject node or ""+val; in a code block).

Hi Jacob ,
Thank you so much for your help
it wokrs well

1 Like

Hi jacob , its me again
i have Added more parameters in my rooms and excel table and i got the error as shown below

Warning:Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, Revit.Elements.Element)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue( Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, string)’
and the data is filled in Revit schedule but not at 100% , there are some troubles

could you help ?
Thank you

Not without more context… the Revit model and Dynamo graph would have to be shared.

Best to first identify exactly which element(s) and parameter values are failing, you will likely see a commonality once you do!