Importing .sat file into revit using python

Hello! I have googled far and wide with no success on this.
So i need to do the following

1. Open revit (for now i open a .rvt template scene which works)
  2. Using python script, load/insert a .sat file into the scene
  3. Save all of this as a .rvt file

I have tried with dynamo and that works but i need it to be python and im not sure how to do it :slight_smile: Only progress for python i have is printing stuff :smiley:

Any help greatly appreciated!
PS Im using Revit Batch Processor

Hi, @lasse
Look into Element.GeometryFast from great Synthesize package.

Hello Vladimir!

Is this a package that i can just install into the .rvt template file i am using and after that i would be able to use the function you mentioned?

Also, is there no build in functionality to import .sat files with python? :slight_smile:

Just open this node in Dynamo for edit. Python is there.

Thanks for your answer

My goal is to run everything through Command prompt and not open dynamo.

However, i see that Revit Batch Processor can load dynamo files so i will try with creating a dynamo file that loads my .sat file into the scene and then just run that on startup :slight_smile:

Thanks!

@lasse , you can get Python code once, analyze it, modify. Add to your project. Just do not forget to leave copyright untouched.

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m completly new to Revit and Iā€™m also trying to do the save procedure for .rfa file, can you guide me how you did it in with Dynamo/Python.

For automating this process i used this tool: bvn-architecture/RevitBatchProcessor: Fully automated batch processing of Revit files with your own Python or Dynamo task scripts! (github.com)

Its just to install the exe and then run it

For the script i chose dynamo since it was easier to learn quickly and this is how it looks:

You will need some packages installed and they are shown on the left screen. Good luck!

You could utilise the following method Import Method (String, SATImportOptions, View)

Seems you have used .dwg file to import. Iā€™m using .sat file any idea on that?

Thanks Brendan, this is to be used in Python right?

yes you will have to utilise this method within python with all the other coding to make it work if requried.