Importing 3D CAD Polyline into Revit

Hi, I’m trying to import a 3D polyline from CAD into Revit it has a two way curve.

I can select the lines and they appear to show in Revit but unable to select or use, is there a way of doing this?

I also tried using the Bimorph package but I receive warnings, not sure if it accepts 3D polylines.

Warning: CAD.CurvesFromCADLayers operation failed. Method not found: 'Autodesk.Revit.DB.NurbSpline Autodesk.Revit.DB.NurbSpline.Create

Dynamo

Dwg lines trying to import

Hi @Mark

We can’t see any warnings in your graph. What happens when you import instance what does it looks like.

1 Like

Hi Kulkul,

Sorry the warning were from a graph I was trying with the Bimorph package but the graph attached works, turns the lines in Revit blue but unable to select or do anything with, is there a node I need to use to bring in the geometry to allow me to select ?

Many thanks.

Make sure you switch on Generic model Category in your view.

@Mark typically that error in BimorphNodes is caused by changes to the Revit 2018 API. However, this is fixed in BimorphNodes v2.1 which is now compatible with 2018.1, just released!

Hi Kulkul, I tried importing directly into a Generic model but still the same result.

However I did download the latest BimorphNodes and works a treat, thanks Thomas. But when it imports into Revit it breaks the polyline into individual sections, is there a way of joining these curves back to a single line on the output of your node ?

Many thanks.

@Mark no problem! It could be caused by limitations in Revit RVT files. If the curve is non-planar, then it will be interpolated instead, resulting in the segments. Have you attempted the conversion within a Mass Family? The Mass environment supports non-planar curves and CurveFromCADLayers will utilise the environment within which its run.

Does the Generic Model - Adaptive environment have the same compatibility features as Masses?