Import Geometry from Dynamo to Revit

Hi, i have just started working with Dynamo. I want to import geometry generated in Dynamo (version 2.16) as a family into Revit 2023.
I used the FamilyInstanceByGeometry node form Spring Nodes(version 210.1.1), but the result I got was only a dictionary without any other information. Also, I couldn´t see the generated geometry in the Revit environment.
As an experiment, I created a very simple sphere in Dynamo, but I can´t see it in Revit either.

However, I could use the same version of Spring Nodes successfully in Revit 2021(Dynamo version 2.6).
Why is this happening ? Do I need to adjust any other settings?

By the way, is there any other way to load geometry generated in Dynamo as a family into Revit? The ImportInstance.ByGeometry node in Dynamo´s built-in Revit package isn´t suitable because it generates only a symbol.

Thank you very much in advance!

FamilyType.ByGeometry and FamilyInstance.ByPoint should do the trick.

You may also want to confirm that you have IronPython 2.7 installed from package manager. Grab the latest version not starting with a 3.

after downloading IronPython and restarting Dynamo, i tried generating a sphere again, and this time it works! Now I´ll attempt those two nodes.
Thank you @jacob.small

1 Like