Import data from Excel not working

When trying to import data from an Excel file, it doesn’t want to and gives me errors. All the nodes and file path are correct. Not sure what it can be. I’m using normal Dynamo nodes (not from packages).

What sort of errors? Can you post a screenshot?

Often it’s due to a corrupted MS update - excel, teams, office 365, windows, .net… pretty much any update from MS can cause issues with the excel interop which the original import/export excel nodes are based on. You can either repair the excel installation to get things squared away (note that the next update may break it again) or you can utilize the OpenXML based version of the nodes which circumvents the excel API and opens/edits the files directly.

1 Like

Hey @Anien.Nauta as @jacob.small mentioned u might be using Data.ImportExcel instead go for Data.OpenXMLImportExcel

Regards,
BM

1 Like

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply. Attached is an image of the error I’m getting. I suspect like you are saying, it has something to do with MS. I did update my MS 365, but it didn’t solve the issue. I guess I’ll need to dig a bit deeper to get around the interoperability issue.

However, I’ve downloaded the ExelReader package and used that node instead. It worked.

The excel reader uses the same technology/methods as the open xml method noted above.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

1 Like