Ignore dialog box / pop-up

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to ignore pop-up dialog boxes generated out of Revit when running a Dynamo graph?
On copying model elements from a linked file, I get about a dozen “Duplicate Types” warnings which I’m happy to ignore - the graph completes with no errors but it would be nice not to have to click through the warnings to get there.

I’m thinking Python maybe, although I’d have no idea where to start…

Capture

You’ll need to use Python and you’ll need to include CopyPasteOptions. SetDuplicateTypeNamesHandler allows you to set how Revit will handle the duplicate types.

http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018/1e594df1-e81f-db45-8d19-fe99343e26e5.htm
I couldn’t find what kind of input it’s looking for but that should hopefully get you started in the right direction.

1 Like

Space bar?

Personally I like the warning as if it gets to the point of seeing ‘family type 57’ I want to know as it happens.

Thanks Jacob,
Space bar / enter / click is what I’m using at the moment. I agree, normally I like to quickly review the messages - after all that’s what they are there for - but in this case to point of our dynamo graph is to quickly rip a whole heap of elements out of a linked file. We don’t really care what materials etc. come over with them as we do some cleanup work afterwards.

Nick,
Thanks for the link, I can see how that code would work but I have absolutely no experience with python, Looks like i’ll have to go back and get up to speed with how to implement it.