Identify and filter adjacent cable trays

Hello all,

I have developed script for Cable tray support & it works fine except few errors for Ray bounce. But I have another problem here. for single cable tray supports script works fine but for adjacent cable trays I don’t want support over there because there will be another support for it.
Cable Tray Support-Final-16Jan.dyn (2.1 MB)

so, is there a way with which I cab filter out cable trays which are adjacent to each other? and then place another support there?
I have attached snap & script here.

Hi @parikshit.thombare8X you could try check first for paralle curves and then by distance…could probably work if i understand :wink:

1 Like

@sovitek thank you. how can i further get only those cable trays and rest need to be ignored.

H @parikshit.thombare8X i can be done many ways, here is one

hello @sovitek can you please explain me what you did with code block here?

it was just a fast way to sort out in this example…you could do that this way here as well

great! thanks a lot. I shall try this.

Hello @sovitek ,

I have tried it per your suggestion, but something is wrong with my script as it still select points on all cable trays. see snaps attached.

allright could you share the sample rvt you show there ?

Yes Sure.
Project1.rvt (7.3 MB)

Hi @parikshit.thombare8X something here could actuelly work in that case

@sovitek as per my observation it seems that two inline cable trays are getting grouped together instead of parallel ones.

yes true :wink: try parallel them first as showed in other post here, i just try on your sample…and if you try on a big complex system many things go wrong…play around with it :slight_smile: