How to use the "create legend component" node in the Genius Loci package"

hello,

How to use the “create legend component” node in the Genius Loci package for Dynamo in Revit to create an automatic legend by category (high current / low current)? I have already looked at a forum question about this node, “How to use ‘Create Legend Component’ in GeniusLoci package?”, but it didn’t help me understand how to use the “view”, “family type”, and “location” inputs. I am looking for a clear explanation on how to correctly use these inputs to create an automatic legend for my desired categories.

In family type, I think I have to put the categories I want, but I won’t write each family in Block code as that would be long, I’ll use the detail element or the inserted family from revit.

In view I don’t understand why it’s docuement.current?

And the location I don’t know what to put,

In no place is it marked where I want my legend to be created

Hi @BAPTISTE.DAMEMME …you will need an existing legend view with one legend component, then we can duplicate that view…and delete the temp component after

1 Like

like that ?

1 Like

Yeah thats the way i do it, just have legend with one legend component in my template…something here…

PS be sure your are in 2022 or forward…im not sure it works in older version, cant remember :wink: @Alban_de_Chasteigner should know :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

It is working with all Revit versions.

1 Like

@sovitek
Hello, I am using another account but it’s still me. To summarize, you create a code block with a value of 1000, which corresponds to the maximum number of lines you can have in the legend. Then, you insert a list in “list.count” to represent the objects you want to have in the legend. In the code block, you write “0…(n-1)*a…a” to create an array that decrements by 1 for each new legend object. Finally, you place this array on the “y” axis to position the legend according to your wishes. The “view” part remains unclear to me and I find it unfortunate that it cannot be done automatically.

Do you do what i show…Does it work ? iif not then share an image with all your nodes expended and i take a look …thanks…you can do it that way here as well…the 1000 is the distance betveen components i just give it :wink: it cant be done 100 % that why i have a legend in my template with only one temp component i copy…so i kind off full automatic and it works :wink:

1 Like

A example of how I use the node

1 Like

I have tried my best but I can’t find the node “all Family Types Of Category” I guess it is “all Elements of Family Type”.

I can’t find in list.count the list of my “safety devices” element that I inserted in my revit file.

This one is from clockwork and take all family type in model and not only these there are placed…

It’s a package ??, because I can’t find all the family types in my library.

Yes clockwork is a package if you dont have it then just install the latest clockwork from package manager

1 Like

it’s good thx, for the next few times, how do I know which package is being used?

i have that now

With more information

Looks like its a sheet you feed in it should be a legend…I use this one here from archilab as it has the option to set a name…btw think it will work if you feed in a legend in the ootb node you use as well

I’m sorry, I don’t quite understand,

I can’t find the Views.Duplicate node

I guess it’s a new package?

the Archilab package?

Where is the OOTB node?

I’m sorry I’m a beginner, it’s complicated to follow, I didn’t think that the use of a block would be so complicated ^^

does it work if you feed in a legend ? yes archilab is a package as , if you will install that then be sure you install the right version as these package is version specific…you could take a search here many post about that…

1 Like

Hello, you have an error on the output (legend) of your view collector

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

yes think so it will help feed in the legend :wink: and hopefully disappear :wink:

1 Like