How to use the "create legend component" node in the Genius Loci package"

i think is good

I have a legend that was created, but I couldn’t find Views.duplicate though

1 Like

thats great :wink: yes seems you had installed archilab…you will find the node under archilab-revit-views…

yes it’s good I managed to find it !!!

My legend on revit is still empty but is it normal that my family is not displayed ?

The legend you copy needs to have one legend component inside…are you sure you have that ?

1 Like

here ?

Sounds more as some VG or zoom…not sure then…you could share you file if you want…

1 Like

the file is too big, I created a link with the dynamo and the rvt

1 Like

Its becourse you are in meters and my exemple was i millimeter…change to milliter or adjust your distance betveen components here i have set it 0.5…

2 Likes

ok its good ^^

Should I delete items that are online by hand?
I tried to delete them in the “legende 1 copies 1” but it didn’t work

I have to leave at least 1 element in my " legende 1 copie 1", so that it can display everything in NEW LEGND

I would only have one temp component in my legend i copy from then its easier clean up

1 Like

so I have to have a file with all the elements? and then use only certain categories?

If I want to insert new elements is it normal that it does not take into account?

Never tried so i dont know…think its best just filter after all family types nodes…so i can control it…and then just create a new…try play around with it…good luck ;)…or you could set it all up with datashapes probably better control but its a other topic :wink: here is an exemple i normally do it…Auto create legends and place Viewports on Sheets in Revit with Dynamo - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve already watched your video, it’s great! I’m going to look into datashape now ^^ will it fit my need to make automatic legends? based on the elements inserted on my plan?

Do you think it’s a good idea despite my level?

I would say automate so much you can, and are good dynamo practice as well…and just follow in here and look into primer and play around with it then suddenly its a piece of cake :wink: btw its very rare i use legend component can sometimes be difficult to control…i normally use detail-annotation family…

1 Like

OK, I’m going to start creating an automatic caption, thank you very much for your patience and your information.

Can you give me the steps to follow to complete this project?

I continue with this package?
I have to anticipate tools so that my dynamo still works in the future?
Should I start working on the Data Shape now or should I do some other steps first?

what you need then ? this ?

I don’t know, I’m lost ^^

my need is the realization of automatic caption, I would like to be able to separate the weak current in a caption and strong in another one.

I would like to be able to separate the weak current in one legend and the strong current in another.

I would like to add the elements in a legend and then filter them by categories, using the dynamo part that you helped me do.

If possible I would like to not add all the families in a legend by myself but rather have a dynamo face it by looking for what was inserted in the project.

I would like to find the most optimized way to create automatic legends

Hmm by view or by placed in document everything is possible, its a other topic…think i have answer your original question for now…thanks :wink:

1 Like

Yes indeed thank you very much, I’ll create a new topic to see how everyone is doing with their legends