How you create your automatic legends

Hello to all,

I’m thinking about a method for creating an automatic legend.

I would like to know what are the most important parameters to take into account:

I am in an electrical engineering office

• I need to be able to separate high and low current on my legend
  • be able to update it constantly
    -adapt the legend according to the views inserted in the sheets

not sure what you’re trying to do specifically: are you talking about a symbol legend?

You can use dynamo player to automatic renew your legend,my suggestion how to do it are follows:
1,create legend view
2,select the family type you want to make legends of them
3,place the legend component at the location you want
4,place the textnote of the value from the family types if you want
4,place thie legend view to your sheet
5,use dynamo player to automatci renew your legend view

the question is:the place legend component node from the pacakge Genius Loci need put at least one legend before the node works.

yes symbol and text right next to it

Thank you for your clarification ,

How do I create a user interface to check off categories?
I could do it directly via the Boolean player but maybe there is a better solution?
I think it’s a shame to have to place at least one caption before the node works, there’s no other way ?

Recently I’ve been asked a lot about legends node question.I make a video of what you need.I don’t use UI nodes from Data-Shapes or pyRevit,I believe dyanmo player is enough for that
The legend once you‘ve put at least one component.It can be renewed without trouble.
Here’s my link,please support my Youtube channel.
I make a video to show that

1 Like

Ok I will try your method, thank you very much for your video

i dont know why, i dont have the same that you

Legende automatique V3.dyn (78.2 KB)

renew legend.dyn (42.2 KB)
here‘s my node,you can use google translate to replace some Chinese into your language if necessary.

file is empty ^^ ?

i dont know what happened

I use Revit 2023,Which version do you use?i I have Revit2020,2022 and 2023,if you use one of them,I can make it for you.the only custome node is from clockwork,others are out of box nodes.

oh ok i use 2022

Remember to place one legend component first!
renew legend(Revit 2022).dyn (63.7 KB)

thx ;p

It’s strange I think it’s from my view on revit, or my view gauge or the scale

which category do you use,I‘ll try it then.

Safety device
安全装置

elements are invisible

it’s first time I know dynamo forum can’t upload file with the size more than 8 MB,I record many times to reduce the size,I don’t know the 安全设备 is what you mention as Safety device or 安全装置.I place one family instance,try to check them.
If it’s not,you may try to do it manually,dynamo just make it automatic.

it’s first time I know dynamo forum can’t upload file with the size more than 8 MB yes i use that to creat a link https://wetransfer.com/