How to use Dynamo to modify Room's upper offset and base offset

Hi experts,
I am design a building which slabs have many offset, that will cause me a lot of additional works when I add Rooms.
As you know, Revit doesn’t automatically identify Rooms base offset and Upper offset, even a slab which encloses the room has offset, so does ceiling.
So I wants to use Dynamo to modify room’s upper offset and base offset automatically. Does anybody give any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @forsoother and welcome , sure there are people here there can help, do you have a sample file we can try on ? and graph how far you are ?

Sounds like you want to use a ray trace in your solution to find room heights.

Hi Sovitek,
Please see the attached image.
The ceiling is above the current Room upper offset, and the slab is above the current Room base offset.
I don’t have a graph, because I haven’t confirmed how to get the offset information of above and below element, just like display in the attached image.
The main ideas is, choose room elements and create list → judge slab intersect with room → get the information of slab or ceiling → give the value to the room.
However, here is an issue, in the above image, the ceiling doesn’t intersect with ceiling.
So I am interested in any other solution.

Could you please give me more information abouth ray trace? Thanks

Maybe this? But instead of Spaces, use Rooms…

I previously read this thread.
I think that solution just resolve 50% of my question.
If the slab has an offset to upper or lower, that solution doesn’t work.

Hi @forsoother try as @pyXam suggest with raybounce Dynamo Dictionary will take a look later im little bit buzy right now…if someone not have fix it before that :wink:

1 Like

Try something here it could probably work…

Revit_78Mt8SFkIr

testroom.dyn (6.2 KB)

2 Likes

Did you enable this?:

3 Likes

Hi Marcel,
Thanks for your reply.
This setting could resolve the issue as well.
There is one thing we need to know, the user has to set the computational height of the Level to the correct value, if the slab below the room has offset. Otherwise, the user couldn’t add a room.

Place your Rooms in a Section View, or
Maybe an alternative here,
Find all the Location points of your Doors, calculate a Point with an Offset of lets say a meter in both perpendicular directions,
Create Rooms on those Points with Dynamo (Lunchbox) or another Node
Clean up by finding the Rooms with a surface Area of 0 and delete those Rooms

1 Like