Ceiling Automation

Hello everyone,

I´m new in Revit and Dynamo, so I´m sorry for “basically” errors that I may have in my files.

I would like to create an automation that allows me, trough selection of the “Rooms”, to create ceilings.

I did the same for the floors and it works fine. Unfortunately, with the ceilings, dynamo always assumes the wrong height/plane. I specify the hight like “EG UKRD - 0.50”, Dynamo places it correctly (blue lines), but upon execution the ceilings is placed at “1.OG UKRD -0.50”. So where is my mistake?

Thank you

Hi @michela i guees with ootb ceiling node insert in a standard height, so probably just set the height in a parameter after…height offset from level

1 Like

Hi @sovitek!

Thank you for repling me. You´re right!!! I came to the same conclusion just 2 minutes ago
Do I have any possibilities to change the standard height from the ceilings? A new Family maybe?

Thank you :slight_smile:

hi not sure, but you could try ceiling create from crumple it have a offset option

2 Likes

Gavin for president :smiley:

If the height the script inserts the ceiling at is always constant, then you could calculate the difference between your required offset from level & the default insertion offset from level…

That way you just set the parameter value offset to be the default + the difference…

Another approach would be to have a Global Parameter for your required ceiling height and to set the offset from level value to be the global parameter so you know it will be constant no matter the ceiling…

1 Like

Hi @haganjake2
The first option is not optimal for me since the ceilings have different heights.
The second option would seem more useful for my need, but I can’t extract (in Dynamo) the global parameter. Any idea on how to proceed?