How to track Dynamo usage of multiple users?

I have been tracking my Dynamo usage for the last couple of months and it works great for me.

Now I want to push that tracking node to other users.
Possible solution was to use a shared SharePoint/OneDrive folder to collect the data from all users but the problem is everyone’s sharepoint is installed on different drives (C:/D:/P:/R:/etc).

Does anyone happen to know about a way to collect the data from all users?
(possibly with minimal IT support which excludes robocopy or network locations)

I know there is Orkestra but looking for something which I can implement myself to start with.

You could use a Google sheet to track assuming they all have access to internet. We track all of this through a MySQL db and/or MSSQL. There are several cloud based services too. This would give you the most flexibility in the future as well as connecting to PowerBI or Tableau.

I would also consider a ZTN and package to distribute so you can update without fixing a Python node in every graph.

1 Like

@SeanP Yes, they all should have access to the internet most of the times. So GSheet or SQL route sounds good.
I was a little hesitant to use them since you reveal the OAuth tokens/DB Access credentials in the Python node (It’s not a good idea to reveal it, right?).
So I guess it’s time to dive into the world of ZTNs!

Can you suggest a few?

May i suggest looking into Orkestra?
www.orkestra.online

1 Like