How to rename all the Family Types

Hi,

I’m trying to rename all the family types in my project. I use Element.SetName of Clockwork library but it seems don’t work : no types name has been replace. Have you any idea why it doesn’t work ?

Thank you

MP

hi,
try to take the element direct without Element.Type

Thank you for your help but it doesn’t work, the Element.SetName’s node send back the categories and no types name has been changed.

What does the error for Element.Type say?

I think this is a read only data type you can not override it . You might give a try though python maybe there is an access through it to API.

Looking at it again I’m guessing it’s because you’re trying to change all the element instances. You want to change the type names.

Thank you for your help. I also think that I have to use python. That’s why I used the clockwork node. I continue to search and I’ll tell you if I find something.

I think you need to modify the type like you originally tried. The problem is that you’re taking everything in the active view, some of which won’t have types.

You’re right, I’ll change my selection and try again. to be continued

you will need to remove the duplicates of the element type first , then remove nulls if any, then set its name

I solved my problem. I replaced the “Element.Type” node with “Element.GetParameterValueByName”. Thanks for your help !
Sans%20titre