How to rehost face base families to the closest face of the intersecting wall

Hi
I have several face-based families that must be copied from one project to many other projects. The problem is when copying and pasting to the new project the families lose their host and must be rehosted to the closest face of the intersecting wall.
I could not find a way to rehost the elements in Dynamo.
I would appreciate it if you could guide me on what to do.

Best Regards,
Farshid

Hi @farshidkaviani dont think we can rehost, but you could try insert them again…probably it could work…

Revit_ZmVGkqvWoO

1 Like

Hi @sovitek,
Thank you so much for your help, I will try that, but the problem is that I have some conduits connected to the connectors of my face base families that I think will become disconnected from the connectors if I insert them again, but I may be wrong about that. Otherwise, this could be a good solution.

Hi @sovitek
Thank you for the help once again. The video is a bit too fast to follow and it is
Not possible to pause it to see the nodes. Is it possible that you send the script or a screenshot of it?

I do appreciate your help in advance.

Best Regards,
Farshid

I think you can save the gif and open the image as frames using an application such as “screen to gif”.

2 Likes

Hi @farshidkaviani I dont have it anymore, I will take a look later today…have a nice day

Hi again,
Thank you so much. It means a lot for me.
If possible please use a wall with compound structure as your test model, as it is the case I am troubled with.

I do appreciate your help in advance. :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

yes i will try with compound…could you share your family?

Thank you so much. I sent the family here, but please be advised for some reasons the family only included voids so I added a dummy solid covering the entire void, to make it possible to get the intersection, but the visibility can be controlled by a Type parameter.
May I also as you to have more than one wall in your test model, as I could see at the end of graph you have flattened the list and used the first item, but in my case the families could be on both interior and exterior sides of the wall instances, and the sides order is so random that I can not be simplified with the same logic.

Thank you once again.
Exterior Power Socket-Single.rfa (444 KB)

Hello try something here could probably work for you…

Revit_hcjJY6WKX5
forum elec.dyn (31.3 KB)

2 Likes

Hello @sovitek
I found your graph very inspiring and wanted to apply a similar method with some adjustments for my case, but I ran into some problems and got stuck. I thought it would be useful to send you a sample file with families to show you the issue. I also attached my graph so you can see what I have done so far.
I would be grateful if you could assist me in resolving this problem.

Sincerely,
Farshid

Hi @farshidkaviani something here should work on your sample file…ps nice with a dk template :wink:

Revit_cJUVIgnl2u
11forum elec.dyn (36.5 KB)

3 Likes

Dear @sovitek,

I am very grateful for your assistance and support. You have been very helpful and generous with your time and expertise. I appreciate your kindness and professionalism.

Best regards,
Farshid

you are welcome :wink:

1 Like

Hi @sovitek
Thank you once again for the help from earlier. I experienced an unexpected behavior from this script! When I ran the script by selecting elements it worked fine, but when I collected elements from the category, it deleted all elements!
Do you possibly know the reason why?

Best Regards,
Farshid

no not sure…

1 Like