How to make .dll file work in Dynamo?

Are there any one try this out? https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/wiki/Getting-Started-with-Dynamo-Development

It doesn’t work. I have .dll file and put it into install file but it doesn’t work. Is anyone have made their own box?

You can refer to this post http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-own-box/

In 0.7 we have taken out that functionality and after making it stable it is back in our Daily Build. You can import your own dll using menu option Library>ImportLibraries.

This functionality will be coming soon in our next release 0.7.1

Thanks,

Ritesh

When will you release 0.7.1?

Hello Wassim Jabi,

We released our latest Dynamo 0.7.1, Go to Download page and there you can directly click on Download.

Now you can import your dlls directly into Dynamo using menu Libraries>Import Library…

We are happy to hear your responses on our latest release.

Keep Using Dynamo.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Hallo,

I tried to use import Libraries and it works fine for some dll but when I try to import my own (.NET 4.0, written in VB) it doesn’t work and throughs back “ProtoCore.Exceptions.CompilerInternalException” any suggestions?

Thnaks

Richard

Hello Richard Schaffranek,

If possible can you please share your DLL’s

Thanks,

Ritesh

Pleas find the dll attached. it will need the meta.numerics librarie for some functions.

SpiderWebLibrary

best

Richard

Hi All,

I’m getting the same error. I’ve narrowed it down to one line of code:

Range r = WSheet.Range[“A1”, “C3”];

I’m not sure what portion of this line is causing the exception. I’m simply reading a range from an excel spreadsheet. Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers,

Charles,

I can get ranges to read out from Excel using Python nodes like this:

<span style="font-weight: bold; color: #f92672;">from</span> Microsoft.Office.Interop <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #f92672;">import</span> Excel

objExcel = Excel.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>ApplicationClass</span>()

objExcel.Workbooks.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>open</span>(<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>str</span>(filePath))

originX = excelSheet.UsedRange.Row

originY = excelSheet.UsedRange.Column

boundX = excelSheet.UsedRange.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>Rows</span>(excelSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row

boundY = excelSheet.UsedRange.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>Columns</span>(excelSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count).Column

rng = excelSheet.Range[excelSheet.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>Cells</span>(originX, originY), excelSheet.<span style=“font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;”>Cells</span>(boundX, boundY)].Value2

This is not to say that it will work for you, but give that a whirl.

Code formatting on this blog is just…well, whatever. I am sorry for posting this crap. :frowning: