How to insert a family and/or folder of families into multiple models

Hi Dynamo Community!
I can’t find a previous post on how to do this.
I have a big project with around 27 sites with 3 models per site.
Folder structure:

• Project
    *Site01
    **Model01
    **Model02
    **Model03
    *Site02
    **Model01
    **Model02
    **Model03

I need to push my new and revised families into each of these models so that everybody has the latest family version. Otherwise I have to open each model and load the families manually. Anything out there to help this process?

Thanks,
Jonathan

1 Like

Load Families from Folder to Project.dyn (7.2 KB)

Here is an example that inserts a folder of families into the currently opened project. How does the script need to be changed to be able to push the folder of families into multiple models? Could this be done without opening a Dynamo Project. Maybe Dynamo Sandbox?

2 Likes

Sorry, this didn’t go any further for me.

A family has to be loaded into a document. The nodes you’re using are probably hardcoded to load into the active document. You either need to find a node that specifies the document or modify the code of the existing node to take a specified document as input. Then you can specify which document(s) to load the families into.

Rhythm as the required nodes and have a look at the Revit Batch Processor from BVN GitHub - bvn-architecture/RevitBatchProcessor: Fully automated batch processing of Revit files with your own Python or Dynamo task scripts!