How to get the sketch lines of the roof

Good afternoon friends! Can I use the dynamo-python to get to the sketch lines (ModelCurve) of the roof having the roof element (FootPrintRoof) in order to be able to change the parameter of the sketch lines themselves? Please, help.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, Yna_Db! I looked at the python code, it splits the stained glass imposts perfectly along the contour of the lines, although this is not what I was looking for, I will study it, maybe I’ll find some answers in it.

An illustration of your work would be nice.
Alternatively, you can try the Springs.Collector.ElementSketch node from Spring Nodes.

Thank you! With node Springs.Collector. Element Sketch is a little familiar, tried to illustrate. The roof is given, in the dynamo I select all the roof elements through the category, we get the FootPrintRoof using Springs.Collector. Element Sketch (as an option) we get such roof lines similar to the sketch, but they do not have the parameters, as in the sketch lines of the roof, if you choose them, in the mode of editing the roof. I would like to know if it’s really possible to get access to the parameters of the sketch lines of the roof itself from the roof element (FootPrintRoof), or is it just a dream? …

With the help of the python code curves = roof.GetProfiles () we get access to Autodesk.Revit.DB.Modelline, but then it ends, how to get to ModulCurve from here is unclear …

Hi @Myhail_Veselkin

1 Like

Hi Kulkul! I do not find words for thanks, thank you very much !!! So simple and beautiful!

1 Like

@Myhail_Veselkin Could you mark the post as solved. You’re welcome!

Sorry to disagree but the solution was given at post 4, the use of a boolean node could have been found easily through the search tool:
https://forum.dynamobim.com/search?q=Springs.Collector.ElementSketch

Friends, I apologize, I am very grateful to both of you for your attention and work, I do not want to offend anyone. I’m generally new to this site, if it’s important to which post to put the decision, I’ll put it with pleasure. Though for me here the decision in pointing to the Boolean node on this issue, and in the second post solution for a very different important issue. Just at this stage, I was already familiar (as it turned out, in part) with the Springs.Collector.ElementSketch node, but did not know that it was the solution to my questions. Tell me what to do.

everything is alright, just leave it like it is :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like