How to get the actual level the MEP elements

Hello everyone,

I want to export the quantities per level and therefore automatically assign the correct level for my MEP elements based on their real elevation.

Currently most of the pipes for example have a reference level above or below (compared to the real one) with the corresponding offset. I have made some research and found an older post, however it doesn’t work correct.

Has anyone faced the same issue recently anc can provide some assistance? Many thanks in advance

Hi @g.fasouliotis,

You can either use the OOTB GetParameterValueByName or the Levels nodes of the Genius Loci package : Element Level, Element Change Level, Closest Level, Nearest Level nodes…

1 Like

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

Thanks for your reply. I am still relatively new in Dynamo so let me ask you…

Isn’t the GetParameterValueByName going to give me the “Reference Level” which in my case is the wrong level as there is always an offset (for example pipe is located at L02 but the Reference Level is L03 with Offset - 1800mm ) ?

The Genius Loci package nodes will follow a similar approach or are they designed to give the real level based on the Z elevation of the item? Which is what I actually need.

Yes.

You can use the Closest Level node : the closest level below the given element or the Nearest Level node : the closest level to the specified elevation.

1 Like

Ok. I will give it a try and see if I can get what I need. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again ! :smiley:

Seems like the “Closest Level” node can do the work fine

I appreciate the assistance @Alban_de_Chasteigner !

1 Like