How to get coordinates of points in relative coordinates system (Not WCS) in Dynamo

Hello dear professionals. I did some research regarding the coordinate systems in Dynamo already.
I would be glad to here from you some new ideas about how you can deal with this task.

Very often I have a groups of elements (composite ceiling panels lets say). And the grid of paneling is not perpendicular to the default Revit coordinate system (Pic 1). So I have already those panels modeled. I need to create the supporting system for those. In order to have this done I need a Grid of points so I will be able to create the supporting system. But since Dynamo gives to us points coordinates in it’s default coordinate system (CS at Origin), I can not sort and group the points as per their X and Y coordinates values what will give me rows and columns.

The only way what I found is to go with Geometry.Transform Node with all it’s train of nodes that it requires (Pic 2). And as result I have the points that were transformed to Revit default coordinates system (Pic 3).
So I placed my custom CS in the lower corner of elements and aligned the axes with lines (Pic 4) and I got the result as shown on Pic 3 with which I can create a points grid.

But what I would like to hear from you is your ideas about that. Maybe you know more efficient way with less quantity of nodes for transformation of coordinates. Maybe there is a way how to get relative coordinates directly with out this Geometry transform Node, which I don’t like because it regenerates the geometry that I don’t need in origin so it makes the logic heavier for computation.
Or you know the way how I can sort and group the points in rows and columns with out any manipulations with coordinate systems at all…

Hi @m.shcheblykin

Could you please share rvt and dyn file?

Uploading: cor1.rvt… cor1.dyn (37.5 KB)

here the revit file
https://we.tl/t-boM05aHfaM

@m.shcheblykin Thanks for sharing your files. I would group Points by its margin. it will group based off their proximity.

Here is the DYN For Maksym.dyn (42.6 KB)

1 Like

Thanks you a lot !
I know that you are very strong and looks like I’m still very far from your level, since I dont understand the logic in your Python script. And actually right now you answered on my another question here:

as i see the distance variable in your script.
Hopefully one day I will master the world of Python.
One more time, thanks a lot for extra motivation to go farther in this scripting world!

Also I came up with one more logic for point sorting. I created a surface by sweep 1 rail. project the points onto the surface and sort them as per uv values

Best regards