How to find out what node packages are missing?

I know this is a total noob question, but Google didn’t help. I’m on Revit 2023 and Dynamo 2.13.3887.

Part of how I learn is to download and examine and edit others’ files.

When I download someone else’s dyn file i also need to install the packages. I see the nodes that miss a package have the exclamation mark. i tried to see properties etc. to see what package they are from, but I couldn’t find it out. I ended up googling the name of the node and with some luck I could find the package name.

But is there an easier way to get that information out of the node?

I also like to add the package information as text to the dyn file so the next user knows what needs to be installed. Or when I install a new Revit version (which comes with new Dynamo) thne i need to know what packages to install.

Sometimes it’s in the Help.
Sometimes the Monocle view extension will provide some insights, here’s an example of a extension

DynaMaps is another one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I installed Monocle and it highlights which nodes are custom and reveals some more information the author chose to include and the original node name. When you select package usage in the menu, it shows what packages are used in the file. So this seems to help.

I’m confused about dynamaps. installed it and it seems to be some landscaping/civil engineering nodes or tool.

Thanks again.

Hi @enkus ,

You should have an openable dialog box / tab on the right called the “Workspace References”. From here you can see which Dynamo Packages & Versions are used in the script. This should automatically open for you if you are missing one or more / have a different version than one or more of the packages used.

You should be able to open this through here:

About this question:

You could:

1. Add a text note (ctrl+w) and put your used packages in there. Together with maybe some other metadata like the author, data and a description of the script.
  2. Using the built in “Graph Properties” (added in 2.13). Also openable from the “extensions” ribbon button just below the “Workspace References”. This will open the following tab:
2 Likes

thanks a lot.