How to export a graph image [Correctly]

Hello All!

While i agree 110% with Dimitar Venkov on his “How to get help on the dynamo forums” i want to expand futher on his point 4 as it appears to me to be a recurring theme to get adequate image exports from Dynamo.

How to Get Help On The Dynamo Forums - Point 4

Step 1
Run the graph, with any errors you are encountering.

Step 2
Expand the Data Nodes on the whole graph or on a troubled section you are requesting help with using the Pin button. Ensure that if you are doing this everywhere, that you do not obstruct the visibility of the wires correcting nodes, remember that nodes before and after the errored node as important as the node itself.

Step 3
Zoom into the graph as far as you can go (It doesn’t matter if this is white space)

Step 4
Press the “Export as Image” button on the top right hand side of the Dynamo Application and select
The “Workspace” option, note that on older versions of Revit this may be shown as a camera icon.

Step 5
Save the Image somewhere accesible. (ie: Desktop)

Step 6
Drag the image into the post creation window on the dynamo forums where you are writing your text dialouge. (Be patient and ensure the image is showing in the preview window before you post)

Your uploaded image should be of this example quality to ensure others have a chance of reading what you are trying to ask.

11 Likes

Nice work!
For beginners the “troubled section” often is the error inducing node only.

I’d suggest to stay with the instruction to ‘open all node results’, or get a little more in detail to point out that the nodes before an error are as important as the error message/node itself.

3 Likes

This will be the second most reposted thread ever :wink:

Step 4 is the big one.

Also no photos of the PC screen ideally…

1 Like