How to Dimension on the General Model in Dynamo?

Therein lies the problem. How do I draw parallel? There are no drawings of all points of the exact model. It’s not like a wall. I can dimension on the wall. However, when I make a selection here, only one element appears.

Post a data set or we can’t help you.

The location curves and references can all be calculated via the API, but the method to gather such isn’t going to be straight forward.

Hello,
(WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free)

I can:
Assembly creation.
Appearance on the sheet Preparation
Positioning Views

What I want to do is:
Adding dimensions to the looks I prepared using dynamo.

I manually added the dimensions to the Test-1 page. My goal is to do this using dynamo on the Test-2 page.

Using the information that has already been provided above, you can use this process.

Place reference planes in your element family along the edges that you are wanting to dimension to. Name the reference planes logically per the orientation of the element (Top Left, Top Right, etc). In the assembly view, make a solid of the element. Get the bounding box of that and the frame curves of the BBox. Get the view plane and pull those lines onto that plane. The lines not parallel to the plane will return an error and will weed themselves out. Prune out the duplicates of the remaining lines and then offset those lines by a certain factor. These lines will be used for the location of the dimension string.

Genius Loci package:
Use family instance reference by name to pull the references of the planes you added to the family. Only pull the planes you know are parallel to the view, otherwise the dimension will not be created or it will not show up in the view. This is why naming the reference planes is critical. Compare the line direction vector of the offset BBox lines to the reference plane vectors and group the ones that parallel to each other. Then use dimension by reference to create the dimension using the grouped items.

2 Likes

Hi,

Can you give me some information about which Nodes I will use?

here is a snippet from https://github.com/albandechasteigner/GeniusLociForDynamo/tree/master/Nodes

1 Like

I tried but it didn’t work. Do you have the opportunity to try the Revit file I sent you?

Here is the second node from Genius Loci

1 Like

No, you haven’t shared the .dyn file that failed yet

I couldn’t do it because I was new to measuring. That’s why I’m asking for help. :frowning:
Home.dyn (33.7 KB)

Have you tried the search button in the upper right corner?

you’re off to a good start using assemblies. I think they input from the Forum has been great so far and dimension the assembly is possible. You can find some samples in my YouTube channel.

First deal with the problem at getting geometry for dimension nodes to work.
You Must Extract Assembly members and list their properties. Not all assemblies are made the same,
if you use walls or generic models the assembly Member is the object you’re are trying to dimension.