How to create table in dynamo ? or How to write live excel table

Hi all,

I am trying to write a table through dynamo, after feeding the table it should read from that. I mean I want to enter the values live in excel and if I save it then it should read values from excel then the import of excel should begin in dynamo.

The table follows like x and y values.

Please let me know how should I proceed ?

Some thing like that, let browse and use data from node Data.ImportExcel

1 Like

Hi @chuongmep I have tried this but this will not let me to edit live and after saving it it wont read again.

Actually at the first the excel should be opened and then if I give values to that, dynamo then should read those entered values and then should proceed.

If he file is empty then the output will be empty. Actually I want to open the excel sheet first automatically, I will enter the values, then the process should proceed.

Data.ImportExcel use origin library interop excel to do, a process need save before can read again, so if you want do that, you should think about and process excel first, next read one time again or find a other node or package support from 3 party like bumblebee

1 Like

That’s a two part script, Dynamo doesn’t typically work like that unless you generate the table in the script as a form I think. Looks like you’re right @chuongmep bumblebee does seem to have had live write capabilities historically… interesting.

2 Likes

Hi @GavinCrump thanks for the information
but I don’t see the node called live write excel node in bumblebee package.

Can you please tell me why I am not able to see ?

Hello…try to take a look here…

BumbleBee - Live Write Excel - #8 by Konrad_K_Sobon…not sure this one support live…but worth to check…Error in Bumblebee Write to Excel - #6 by Konrad_K_Sobon

1 Like

Worth a read also…

2 Likes

Possibly removed or experimental. The thread you posted on is from 2017.

A solution with a dialog form to “take a break”

Test Change Xlsx in Live

import sys
import clr
import System
clr.AddReference('ProtoGeometry')
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *

clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
from System.Windows.Forms import MessageBox, MessageBoxButtons, MessageBoxIcon, DialogResult, OpenFileDialog

openFileDialog = OpenFileDialog()
openFileDialog.Filter = "Excel files (*.xlsx)|*.xlsx|All files (*.*)|*.*"
openFileDialog.FilterIndex = 2
openFileDialog.RestoreDirectory = True
if openFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK:
    filePath = openFileDialog.FileName
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(filePath)
    # wait 
    MessageBox.Show( "Modify Excel file, Save it and click OK", "Waiting...", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)

OUT = filePath
3 Likes

Hi @c.poupin Can you please tell me from which package I can find the node called Data.OpenXMLImportExcel

@c.poupin I think it is available in latest version of Dynamo if I am not wrong.

Dynamo 2.12, before you can use this node

1 Like

Thanks @c.poupin.

1 Like

hello I do not see a Excel table as result, how to create an Excel table from Dynamo instead of just filling cells with dynamo?