How to create 3d sweep path along the excel co-ordinate

@Mohammadz @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi I’m already get path coordinate in excel, how to create sweep soild

1. Generate points from the XYZ values you’ve brought into Dynamo using a Point.ByCoordinates node.
  2. Create a nurbs curve from the list of points using a NurbsCurve.ByPoints node.
  3. Find the plane at parameter 0 for the nurbs curve with a Curve.PlaneAtParameter node.
  4. Get the coordinate system of that plane with a Plane.CoordinateSystem node.
  5. Draw the profile you want to sweep along the path at the origin and using the XY plane as your sketching surface, using whatever method is right for your project (ie: Rectangle, a circle, a polygon by point… whatever shape you need).
  6. Transform the profile onto the coordinate system using a Geometry.Transform node.
  7. Use a Solid.BySweep node to sweep the profile along the path.
2 Likes

@jacob.small Any referance file is available , Please send

Thank you

Nothing offhand. I don’t have an excel file with points to generate a path or a defined profile either.

What have you tried?

@jacob.small
i tried to create this script. But, not working. could you help me resolve this?

Create sweep from excel.dyn (33.2 KB)
Dynomo Input.xlsx (21.6 KB)

Hello,
following the protocol of Mr. Jacob

You are missing the name of the sheet to fill in first
you will have to retrieve the geometry of your family and we don’t know what your python script does

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi dont think you can sweep that kind of family…but you could try with a profile family and get the geometry…archicad have a node for that,you also could try build as Jacob and Christian say and use spring family instance for create a family…

1 Like

@christian.stan how to use circle profile

here is a solution

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

thanks, but i am going to run circle only along the path, in that situation how can i assign center point

1 Like

By indicating the origin of the CoordinateSystem as a specific point
edit: The Point.ByCartesianCoordinates node allows you to create points in a new Local Coordinate System (which is super cool)
With RGB (Red X axis, Green Y axis and Blue Z axis)

Cordially
christian.stan

Sweep along the path is Not working.Please check and find the attachment.

sweep based on excel.dyn (38.3 KB)
Dynomo Input.xlsx (12.3 KB)

Hello,
you made a mistake in the path, you sent a plan instead of the curve support
Cordially
christian.stan

Looks like you are passing a plane into the path rather than a curve.

1 Like

Result geting double curve but imagenery lines only geting revit.

Can’t read the graph - export it as an image after zooming in.

Result geting double curve but Model not generated only imagenery lines geting revit model.

By graph I was referring to the screenshots showing your nodes on the Dynamo canvas. The first image in your post.

Hello,
Did you duplicate your Dynamo entity as a Revit entity

Cordially
christian.stan