How to clean your PC from Dynamo backup files

Hi all, :hugs:
I would like to share a new Dynamo script with this community. :call_me_hand:

Dynamo produces lots of backup files when using it, and the more you use it, the more it will produce backup files, and it could be quite annoying if you have to ā€œmoveā€ or ā€œmaintainā€ the package folder. :confused:

I am managing Dynamo script deployment for almost 50 people, in different offices, so you can imagine how many backup files are created on our server.
Anyway, I created a script to get rid of them and I would like to share it with this community. :slightly_smiling_face:
So, if you have the same problem and want to try the script, please download it from the link below.

Get and delete backup dyn files.dyn (24.4 KB)

Packages to download:
in order to use the script you will need to download those packages too (if I remember right)

• Steam
  • Data-Shapes
  • Spring
  • BattleBIM

Script description:

1. When launching the script click on the browse button to choose the directory where youā€™re packages are located, and click Ok;
  2. The script will check in your folder and subfolders, looking for .backup files;
  3. If it finds backup files, it will delete them, create a log in excel and show you a message in Revit;
  4. If it finds no backup files, it will show only a message in Revit;

![ernesto_getDeleteDynamoBackupFiles_img|690x411,100%]

Share this post link to friends and colleagues that may need it, hope it could be useful to you too. :peace_symbol: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

6 Likes

I just searched for ā€˜backupā€™ in my Revit folder with Total Commander, and deleted them all. Had 30000 files!
Same difference?

1 Like

Interesting, unfortunately it didnā€™t work here.

Hi @jose.rocha5Q6J3 and welcomeā€¦you could try this one hereā€¦

3 Likes

Muito obrigado :slight_smile: