How to assign, to intersect geometry elements, parameter?

Hi everyone,
I am wondering, how I can assign to intersect geometry, floors and walls, parameter top offset which is assign to walls by floors which them are crossing. If you know what I mean :slight_smile: .

I stuck in this point, I have geometry floors and walls, them are intersect and what then, how take walls and assign them top offset, dependend of floors thickness which is crossing with ?

Little update: now I have all floors witch matched walls which they are intersecting each other. Now if someone know how to do it, I need to take parameters of top offset from this walls.

Use GetParameterValueByName to get the ‘Base Constraint’ and ‘Base Offset’ of the floor and use SetParameterValueByName to set the ‘Top Constraint’ and ‘Top Offset’ parameters of the wall.

I would use AnyTrue node applied to level 2 after Geometry.DoesIntersect and then apply this list to FilterByBoolMask node to get a direct list of the original elements, not the solids :slight_smile: this way you would also get rid of those warnings that you get because of the -1 index.

Afterwards, you could easily use what @Alien suggested. If you are still struggling, you could provide the graph, along with a small sample file and we can fix it for you

1 Like

Thanks for that I really want to do it but I have some trouble to instal Orchid because I work on Revit 2019 witch Dynamo 2.0.3 and the nodes are missing.

In task, now I have all right but I want more and try add to walls solids, top offset to make sure that intersecting with floors and I have completed rest of script.

Maby someone know how to add to solids, top offset. I am thinking about scaling them but I don’t know how write it yet.

sure, here you are, this is how you could easily ‘stretch’ your solids upwards :slight_smile:

Here’s the graph as well:
QuickFix.dyn (27.9 KB)

Basically, you just get all surfaces of the solid, find the bottom one, get its perimeter curves as a polycurve and extrude it back as solid, based on the sum height.

I hope I understood correctly and that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I want to do the same in the 2020 version, but now I want to finish it in 2019 by using solids.

1 Like