Transferring mass floor parameter values to corresponding architectural floor slabs

Hi all,

I have a set of mass floors with a bespoke usage parameter that then colours the different mass floors via template filters. I’d like to create architectural floor slabs ‘by face’ and for dynamo to be able to read the specific usage parameter value of the mass floor and apply it to its corresponding architectural floor slab.

I am trying to work with Element.location+ nodes but they give out empty lists. I am now trying Element.InteresectsElement and those get picked up ok but I am a bit stuck in terms of how to continue from that point onwards. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

any chance you could provide what you have worked on so far?

1 Like

Hi Jagger,
Thanks for your reply.
Absolutely, here’s a screenshot of my WIP. As you can see, I am trying a few options:

• ‘Element.Getlocation’ doesn’t pick up these elements (Element.location+ also gave me an error).
  • ‘Element.IntersectsElement’ works and it seems like I could generate an input that way.
  • ‘Element.Faces’ works and it seems like I could match mass floors and floor slabs by their matching centre point.
  • Ideally, I want to match instance parameter values from mass floors to floor slabs based on proximity.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Done a bit more work on this. Where I’m at: I want to be able to say ‘if b=c’ then set the value of their corresponding parameter d to floor slab elements. Does that make sense?

Since you are comparing points, use List.Equals to get the boolean result and then you can use the ScopeIf+ or a code block to filter your inputs by the boolean.

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like