How can I solve this problem on link Revit tag

Screenshot 2023-07-14 205400

It is ok when I used this on my own model.
Screenshot 2023-07-14 210047

This happen when I used on link model tag.

Unfortunately the tag of a linked element only returns the LinkInstance that’s tagged, not the linked element. You also can’t override a linked element directly.

Hi @naylin.oo,

Use instead the Tag TaggedElement node from the Genius Loci package and use the linkInstance input.

How can I get linkInstance input?

With the Links node from Rhythm package or Element Class RevitLinksInstance and All Elements of Class.

1 Like

Any alternative way to get colour from filter elements(mean elements colour changes according to filter in revit) and tag have to follow filters colours.

Ah, that’s a different scenario. I misunderstood.

Just recreate the same logic for the filter override. Since you have the linked element from Rhythm, you can use the same conditions with the same colors to override the tag.

1 Like

Can show me how I am beginner and not familiar with node and code. Thank for your suggestions.

That’s not really how the forum works and I can’t really show you because we don’t know what your conditions look like. Spend some time going through the Dynamo Primer and learning the basics. That will help you tackle writing your own graphs and understanding graph logic.

My problem is for example cable tray color with filter and I can’t get line colour from cable tray with above filter. Because it have no colour in cables tray like pipes system. It have colour because of filter. I would like to know which package or node can satisfies my problem. Thanks for your time and advice.

There is the Get Filter Overrides node in Genius Loci package.
Not sure if it works well with linked view.

That’s why you have to recreate the logic in the filter. If the filter is set to highlight cable tray wider than 8" red then you need to create that same logic in your graph. Get the tagged cable tray’s width, and if it’s greater than 8", color it red.

As @Alban_de_Chasteigner stated, you can get the filter overrides pretty easily, but you’d have to dig deeper to get the filter logic if you want this to be dynamic. It would be much easier to just recreate the logic yourself in the graph.

1 Like