How can I load a structural frame family with a length defined by Excel?

Hi Guys, I’m very very fresh man of Dynamo.

Already I’ve asked this but I have not solved this problem yet…
(Thanks to [JacobSmall] & [erfajo])

There are various structural frames with varying cross-sectional shapes. These structural frames are supposed to be placed on one curve, and I want to place these structural frame families one at a time from the starting point of the curve, given the distance from Excel.

I want to make it like this

use Excel
K-003

20190212_215916

First,
How can I load a structural frame family with a length defined by Excel?

Second,
I want to place a structural frame sectionA up to 5m from the start of the curve, then a structural frame sectionB (as defined in Excel) from 5m to 10m… what node should I use?

Third,
Section A is used one more time after 37m from the beginning of the curve. Other sections are used repeatedly as well. In this case, can I save the second or third SectionA with a different name with special rules?

You could split the curve into smaller curves by using your distance data normalized ,and then create structural framing by curve by matching the curve with the family type from excel, assuming it is sorted that way.

1 Like

Thanks, ashwinash112.
Yes, I want to split the curve into smaller curves by using distance data…
but It doesn’t work.

K-007

And then, I want to create structural framing by curve by matching the curve with the family type from excel…

K-008

How can I match family lists to .rfa files…?
and How can I matching the curve with family type from excel…?:disappointed_relieved:

Send a sample Revit file with families and a sample excel file