How can i get "SurveyPoint" Values from the beam?

Hello,

Next challange: I want to get uNN height writen in a beam(SharedParameterValue)? actually i get the value easy via a annotation (pic). How can i access the value directly in the beam?

https://apidocs.co/apps/revit/2019/809b7a59-5911-a62d-4144-3e0d498d81a0.htm
public Transform GetLocation()

Just i want to get the values from the beam, what calls the annotation? i see in the dir() i could have the possiblity to call “coordinates”?

# Enable Python support and load DesignScript library
import clr
clr.AddReference('ProtoGeometry')
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *
clr.AddReference('RevitServices')
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager
from RevitServices.Transactions import TransactionManager

# The inputs to this node will be stored as a list in the IN variables.
x = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
val = []
# Place your code below this line

# Assign your output to the OUT variable.
OUT = val

I like to use this way. See if that helps…

1 Like

Thank you!.. is there a problem with beams? i mean structrial framing!

Try Element.GetCurve (or whatever it is) instead.

1 Like

it is just beams - structural framing

Can i work with surfaces?
( I could place spotelevations first to get the information :slight_smile: )

it is so near. the value is in the annotation, but not in the element!

You could also use the associated level and respective offset parameters to calculate the location.

1 Like

I got it almost, i have just some sorting problem, how get i Beamelevation to the corresponding hostlevel-elevation… withKeyValue? i tried sort, but it does confuse values

…a little detail is , also i got just the “SurvayPointLevel” because of edit all levels, can i get the elevation over sealevel in a other way?

I’m not sure I follow. What do you need to sort?

Normally you would get the Survey Point from project information and then apply that transform to your project coordinates to locate anything with the respect to the Survey Point. With levels it might be easier to change them to read the Survey Point first, get their elevation, then change them back.

GetUeNNElevation_V1.dyn (43.1 KB)

so i can get information from the solids?
like Z-Values? Offsets?

how can i relat it to the SurveyPoint

This one will give you elevation with reference to survey point.

Framimg Location.dyn (9.8 KB)

2 Likes

You’re making it a little too complicated. There are multiple ways to get what you want. One that I’m suggesting is getting your location values from the elements (based on project coordinates) and then adding the survey coordinates translation.

Example:
If your beam is at 15’-0" from the PBP (0’-0") and your SP (1200’-0") is 100’-0" below the PBP, then your beam is at (1200 + 100 + 15 = ) 1315’-0". You just have to get the locations of your coordinate systems.

1 Like

It works as you said!

Thank You! Nick… …Sometimes if you can´t solve a problem, don`t make one :slight_smile: