Hosting Fabrication Pipework elements to other pipework elements

Hello.

I’m trying to create a tool to automate placing sleeve ITMs on fabrication pipe where it intersects with the walls from linked models, and adjust length to match the wall thickness.

I’ve got most of this figured out, but I’m not sure how to place the sleeves so that they are hosted to the pipe. The pattern used for the sleeves is 149, which hosts to pipe, but is Pipework category not Hanger category.

My initial stab at this used Dynafabrication nodes for placing ITMs and would place the sleeve in the correct location and orient it to match the pipe, but does not host the sleeve to the pipe.

Looking at the Create Method for the FabricationPart Class, it doesn’t appear to support hosting to another element in the same way that the CreateHanger Method can.

I tried a Python script provided by @c.poupin in another thread in this forum, and confirmed it worked with a hanger ITM, but not not when provided with a 149 ITM.

Python script below.

I suspect the answer is 149 cannot use the CreateHanger method, but if so does that mean that the 149 can only be manually placed on each pipe if they need to be hosted?

The error output from the python script is:
0 ) List
0 )) Invalid fabrication service button.
Parameter name: button
1 )) 0
2 )) 3.23950772801553

1 ) List
0 )) Invalid fabrication service button.
Parameter name: button
1 )) 3.23950772801553
2 )) 0

The input button name is correct and exists in the service.