Host Adaptive Familiy on adaptive point of already placed Family

Hi Dynamo Community,

I believe this should be a fairly common Problem, but in the documentation was always missing something. What we are trying to do is programmatically place Families to known coordinates, this families should then host another family which attaches to a reference point of the first family.

For us its necessary to be able to host the families because we can then have chained editing.

Manually this is not a very complicated process but we stumble when we try to do it in dynamo. Somehow the families wont stay together. And picking the points is also not easy. Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this? Does anyone know a package with a node to host one adaptive component into another?

The file contains what I’m trying to accomplish. I took away the big Template, the complex families and the whole reading the coordinates and families out of excel. The Basic issue is how to Read the shape handle points and use them as reference for the family.

Two very useful Posts are:
Select Reference Points in Adaptive Component Instance - Revit - Dynamo (dynamobim.com)
Create Adaptive Component Hosted on Line in Family Instance - Revit - Dynamo (dynamobim.com)

But none of them provided an answer.

Best regards,
Carlos.
Adaptives Platzierung.rvt (5.4 MB)
AP.dyn (69.7 KB)

hi @carlos.montellano ,

do have some examples at least some screenshots?

Hi @Draxl_Andreas,
I needed a time preparing an understandable lightweight file. You probably know how real Projects files go big very quickly.