Hide/Unhide Revision by Seq Selection

I am trying to see if I can select certain revision sequence and hide in entire project. (reason why I am trying to do this way vs using built-in revit revision table under show “none- cloud- cloud and tag” is even if you do “none”, the revision schedule still shows the line item. When you hide it entirely in the view, then it takes it away from the revision schedule as well)

I am trying to use Archilab’s View.HideElements/ View.UnhideElements custom node to achieve this…
When I run the dynamo, i get an error message I can’t decipher…
Can someone help me?

thanksRevision List by sequence number.dyn|attachment (9.9 KB)

error%20message

1 Like

The error is telling you that you’re inputting a string (the revision description), you need to input the Revision Cloud elements. Connect the Revision Clouds from All Elements of Category to the list input on your List.FilterByBoolMask

1 Like

I tried that, and still getting the same error…:disappointed_relieved:

oops…meant to send this one.

I think its because of your list structure. Change the Element input to @L1 or @L2, or flatten your list

Level change nor Flatten fixed the issue… :frowning:
Still getting the same error message… Wondering if the custom node doesn’t work with Revision Clouds?

The issue is that you are trying to hide an element in all your views and is failing for any view which does not contain the cloud. Since your first view is not the correct view, the node fails then stops. You could set list levels to @L1 for View in order to attempt each view separately but you’d be much better off using Element.OwnerView from Clockwork to get the view the cloud belongs to and hide it there.

2 Likes

My attempt at that created an issue when there was multiple clouds and on both sheets and in views. May need to split by view type.

What was happening? If you’re getting the owner view then you should have a 1 to 1 list structure for elements and views right?

Interestingly enough the error wasn’t really an error. I was running on automatic it was throwing the error which first showed 3 traceback errors, but down in the bottom it gives: “Exception: the set of elements to be hidden is empty” which if you open the node and read the source python suddenly makes sense. Konrad is effectively asking “can this be hidden?” and removing the elements from the set if they can. So running on auto I was hiding, then throwing the error in a heartbeat.

Ah. Yeah, I noticed that as well. Another reason to make sure you’re list levels are correct so you don’t error out on the first element.

1 Like

I was able to get it to work by changing == node to do “longest lacing”
here is what I have.

thanks all for your help!!

2 Likes

If you move the OwnerView node to after you’ve filtered the elements you shouldn’t need to change the lacing.