Hide specific text family in all views

Based upon information I read in “Hide/Unhide all lines by linestyle” and “Error: un-/hide CAD files with archi-lab node”, I have attempted to create a script which will hide or unhide a specific text family which I am using for redlining. I do not want this to print, therefore the exercise.

I have successfully had the script work in both directions a couple of times, but for some reason consistency is an issue. I am uncertain if it is my revit (2016), dynamo (1.2), or my code.

Take a look. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi. You could try using the Element.Ownerview node from clockwork to match the list of elements you feeding to the hide node. I have a similar script that recolors page clouding on sheets that have been changed but not issued since the last major issue, I’ll check that in the morning for any more tips.

Thanks for the tip.

I tried the Element.Ownerview but receive the error stating that the list to be hidden is empty. I do not receive the same error with the Document.Views node.

I have also received an error in my background which is attached as well.

Here is the error in the background (new user so I can only upload 1 image per post).

Error

Maybe try moving them to a selection set with Dynamo, and hiding that selection set with a filter applied to all views on sheets?

I am able to get the list to save as a Selection Set, but I do not see away to create a Selection Set based filter, only a rule based filter (ParameterFilterElement.ByRules). Are you aware of a node that will allow the creation of a filter based upon a Selection Set?

Also, it appears even if this were to work, per Clockwork notes, if the Selection Set is already applied as a View Filter, it would need to be manually updated in Visibility and Graphics once the Selection Set is updated. (not an ideal)

Hi, as a temporary work around I have used the override.colorinview node to set the color of some of our marking text types to rgb 254,254,254 ( so close to white that PDF printers didn’t see it) then cleared the override after the print. I had the same issue pop up when testing your node layout, I’ll have another look tmw.

Check and make sure it’s not still hiding your text notes. When I tried this I also got the error but it successfully hid my elements. I’m guessing it’s a lacing issue within the node that gives an error but continues anyway.

Unfortunately it will no longer hide mine. Our IT guy has noted that Dynamo can sometimes corrupt the Revit install, so I am now wondering if this is what happened, since I was able to get it to operate a couple times before it became inoperable. I have a project deadline now, and cannot try to have IT fix my Revit at the moment, and have installed the CADdaddy add-in which achieves nearly the same result (tested and working).

Can you upload your dyn file? I’ll take a look sometime this week or weekend.

:thinking:

Please have him start a thread about this, including notes on what the corruption he is seeing is. It’s more likely a Revit plugin which is clashing not Revit. Disabling the plugin may fix it. If it’s actually with Revit the community ought to know asap.