Help with this routine (Wall on topo)

Hi everyone, I’m an architecture student with a final work class to deliver that needs to be done in Revit. My difficulty is to model walls that follow the base of the topography. I found a routine on the internet and when I run it it doesn’t work the way I saw in the video. It has the following errors that are in the attached screenshots. Anyone who can help me, I will be very grateful.

Hi, welcome to the community!

It looks like an error due to the complexity of the topography?

Perhaps you could start with a very simple topography and see if you can get that working?

I sometimes find it helpful to re-build the topography…

From your nodes, I presume you’re not in Revit 2024, but worth noting that Revit 2024 TopoSolids will likely be more robust for these operations…

Hope that helps,

Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark, first of all, thanks for this help and your time to answer that post.
My topography may be very complex, what do you recommend me to do? redo it entirely? Or would it be better to use 2024 to try with that node you printed? Once again, thank you for your help and for taking the time to respond.

Broken poly curves in the geometry likely means you won’t be able to ‘get better geometry translation’ by upgrading to a new version. Either you’ll need to pull the geometry via Revit API directly, simplify the topography by reducing the point count or scope of geometry, or look to control the wall base in another way.

2 Likes

Hi,

Jacob is probably right :slight_smile:

But I would give toposolids a shot, it is a fundamentally different method of creating geometry… Given that Revit is primarily solid modeler the outcome might be more robust.

My experience was that errors tended to occur at the boundary, where polygons were clipped in ways which Dynamo could not resolve (which was why the rebuild helped).

Otherwise, given that this is a university project, could you build the surface in a different way? Perhaps massing tools will give you a similar aesthetic, but in a way which creates geometry which Dynamo can interpret more robustly?

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Mark

1 Like

Jacob and Mark, thanks for your help for solution me this HUGE problem.
I´m using Revit2024 and node TopoSolid solved me this problem.
Thanks folks, very thanks to us.

2 Likes