Having Trouble accessing scripts

I updated Dynamo 1.3.3 to 2.0 and restarted Revit. When I started it back up, to run Dynamo, it asked me what version, and I chose 2.0. I installed the package Sastrugi Package Version 0.1.4, and when I updated the directory to those scripts, nothing is appearing after I refresh.

1: I’m and new to Dynamo so I’m directing it to AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\packages

that didn’t work so I redirected it to AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\packages\Sastrugi

Then finally to AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\packages\Sastrugi\dyf

With no success.

Thanks

First I would suggest you update to 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 as it has most bug fixes. Could you show us what does it shows in folder AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\packages\Sastrugi\dyf

1 Like

uptodate
I click the refresh and nothing happens

I uninstalled 1.3.3 but still receiving2 the same issue

The directory in question only has .dyf files in it. That extension indicates a custom node for use in a Dynamo graph, not a Dynamo graph which has the extension .dyn. It looks as if you’re trying to access these custom nodes via Dynamo Player, which works only on dyn files.

1. To confirm, open Dynamo (not Dynamo Player), Create a new graph.
  2. Place a few nodes so it performs an action.
  3. Save the graph as ‘test.dyn’ to a common location (ie: my documents or your desktop).
  4. Close Dynamo and launch Dynamo Player.
  5. Path Dynamo Player to the directory where you saved the .dyn file.

Thanks for trying out my package. :+1:

For some examples of how you could use the nodes have a look here.
https://sites.google.com/view/sastrugi/examples

(Please note I haven’t had much of a chance to do extensive testing in Dynamo 2.0 yet, so let me know of any weird behaviour :grinning:)