Hatch.Geometry from Xref

I want to get the hatch geometry from an Xref but the hatch.geometry node is not working. Any ideas of what the problem is?

Thanks!

Hola amigo @qnliebbe buenas. can you deploy the warning that node gives, and transcript here please, normally gives a tip of what is the error!!

See snip below.
Thanks for the help.

Hola amigo @qnliebbe buenas. Dereferencing a non-pointer warning usually apears when you feed the node with empty list, null or an other wrong data type, i tried 3 options to reproduce your main goal that is to get the geometry of the hatch’s that are in an external reference and i face in a dead end in all cases

1. The most easy and that one that does the magic is using Hatch get from object. but apparently doesn’t work with object that came from an external reference :woozy_face:

2. An other more complicated is exploring external document but i don’t achive to get the geometry i’m pretty sure that i miss something in this case.

3. The other one is to get block objects of the xref, but apparently the hatch are recognized as objects and not like hatch, so the node object geometry gives back a warning that says that is not implemented.

i only get the boundarys with this last one don’t know if that helps!

may be some one else have a diferent aproche!

2 Likes

Thank you for trying Gilberto!!! It is greatly appreciated. I can’t think of any other options to get this to work. The boundary for the third option might be helpful. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update. Thanks again!

1 Like